This post is for my friends who are interested in working online. I'm sorry for the delay. It took me almost 2 months to write this.
I take care of my baby alone, do housework, and at the same time juggle part-time jobs. One of those is working online. Much of my work online are spent on writing, but I have already illustrated, too.
How much do I earn?
Pay the bills and a little extra.
I always encourage moms to try working online because:
- You don't have to spend for transportation toward an office/workplace.
- You don't get taxed. Well unless you are a community manager or a virtual assistant who earns real big.
- You work at your own pace, time, and comfort. (sorry for being real sleepy at times boss)
- You don't have to put on some make-up and wear fancy clothes. Low maintenance izz...
In short, you get what you earn. No deductions.
There are disadvantages though:
- You get to spend most of your time in front of the computer without actually doing something productive. You tend to think that you are doing work when you are just browsing social networking sites.
- You forget to socialize personally. You end up just liking and liking posts in Facebook.
- You rarely go out of the house. You miss sunshine.
- No exercise. Become bigger.
- Body clock changes especially when you are beating deadlines.
But overall, it's a good way of earning for me because I get to cuddle my daughter and attend to her needs all the time.
You can find almost all types of jobs in the internet. You can work as a writer, an illustrator, tutor, auditor, manager, etc. The most important thing is you get the job that fits from a LEGIT site. There are a lot of scammers out there, so be careful.
Below are websites recommended by GMA network:
You can also try:
Where do you start?
1. Get IDs. Check samples.
2. Get a Tax Identification Number (TIN). This is a pre-requisite when getting an EON card.
3. Apply for an EON card from Union Bank (P350). It is a debit card which you can use to get a PayPal account or instead of a savings account.
4. Get a PayPal account. Almost all online jobs pay you through PayPal. Click here for more info.
5.Sign up for the websites listed above. Create a comprehensive profile. Let your potential clients know what you got. Post your portfolio, too!