5.15.2020

31

Today, for the first time in many years, I woke up remembering it's my birthday. But I thought it's my 35th! What's wrong with me? 

I'm glad I'm still alive.
I'm grateful that I am still a mother.
I'm grateful my husband can still provide.
I'm grateful we still have a home. 
I'm grateful we can have church at home.
I'm grateful the children are home-schooled.
I'm grateful I can still clean the house.

I'm grateful we are quarantined together.

I'm not ready to let go of my husband once work resumes.

This quarantine is the best birthday gift to me this year.


I made more cooking. 
Children are more welcome to join.
We aren't in a hurry.

We finally have internet at home after years.

I'm grateful I can't use my phone today.
(someone hid the charger)
I'll be away from all the noises.

I'm grateful therapies and consultations are now offered online.
Finally,  the doctors see they can still help, even when not personally seeing the patients.

Finally, everyone is afraid to go to hospitals because of cough and colds.
Few children are now admitted to hospitals due to perceived "pneumonia" and "bronchitis".


Finally, everyone doesn't care about the whiteness of rice.
Finally, everyone is imparting their substance to the poor.
Finally, kept practices are shared on free webinars.
Finally, everyone gets the chance to increase.

Finally, everyone acknowledges the etiquette of physical distancing when someone coughs.

Finally, wearing face masks has become a norm.

Finally, companies see they can save overhead costs by working at home.
Finally, bosses get to talk to their employees frequently.

Finally, grannies, have become more visible in social media.
Finally, they have all the time they need to find old photos and post online.

Finally, we get to see how busy my husband is at work.

Finally, I got the chance to cut my hair really short.

I'm glad I aged another year. I'm grateful to still be alive today.
I'm grateful this blog is still alive and held memories of how I started as a mom with my first.

I'll fix myself. I'll fix my home. And live a life so full yet simple.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?